Monday, March 3, 2014

Show Spotlight


I have been taking time during this long relentless winter to reflect and focus on creating my art and expanding my business goals. This year I am taking part in some new events that I hope will not only help bring Aprilierre jewelry to a new audience, but also bring about a new network and connections with artists and entrpreneurs. Over the next few weeks I am going to highlight some of these events and feature them in my blog.


                            HAMMS EVENT 2014
                                   
I am looking forward to my involvement in the HAMMS event 2014. This is a crowdfunding event to support Minnesota Makers. HAMMS Event was born out of the “shop local” and “shop small business” movement, and around the fact that small businesses need to stick together. In 2013 they gave $5000 in HAMMS Event ticket sales and donations to one Minnesota Maker - to help them grow and expand their business. The philosophy is if small businesses all stick together they can make a difference.

Last year’s winner was Lynn Sanchelli of Painted Stuf.


Becky Sturm and Sairy Gernes are the entrepreneuresses who are the idea generators behind this event. Both accomplished with two unique companies a piece they have participated in their fair share of the pop up market circuit and bring the best part of that experience into the HAMMS EVENT.

Another fun aspect of the day is the vendor who brings in the most people to the event will have their booth fee refunded.  How fantastic.  So with that said, I encourage you to mark your calendars for Sat. May 3rd. 10am–4pm at the former Hamms Brewery Shipping Docks. 713 East Minnehaha Avenue
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55106

Purchase your tickets  or to donate to the event to help a MInnesota Maker Succed here.


No comments:

Post a Comment