Thursday, September 27, 2012

Perseverance





As with many people there are days when the aspiring entrepreneur in me gets completely despondent over the news of gas and food prices rising,  people are still insecure about their jobs,  along with all that sterling silver prices are on the rise.  I begin to question myself.  How am I, as is an artist, going  to create a successful business?  What kind of changes can I make to keep a positive drive towards that success?  

All I am sure of is that there is a deep passion that resides with in me that doesn’t want to give up.  No matter how bleak the news can be , something ignites with in pushing me forward.

It comes down to a combination of Faith and Perseverance.  At every sale this summer my customers really appreciated and loved my work.  Although they didn’t always purchase something many took the time to make sure I knew that my work is beautiful, creative, unique and fresh.  One woman who purchased a Sterling Silver Flower Petals necklace told me “Never stop doing your passion,  your art is beautiful”.   Hearing these compliments reminded me to continue to have faith in my work.  I must persevere, continue to play with design, allow myself to make mistakes and to grow from them.  I will silence the voices of self doubt, turn off the depressing news stories, focus on being positive and continue to nourish my passion and BE an artist of ornamentation.



No comments:

Post a Comment