Friday, November 23, 2012

A Year in the Life...part 1


A Year in the Life...Part One Nov 2011

When ever I open up my photos on my laptop an option that I have is to look at the past 12 months from the current date.   I decided to use that as a tool for a series of blog posts.  In a sense it captures my day to day life but it also captures the growth and cultivation of my jewelry line.  Showing what type of events that were going on at the time and how they possibly may have impacted my creation process.

 A year ago during the  Thanksgiving holiday  I decided to stay in Minneapolis and enjoy a four day jewelry working weekend.  I created these rings were  by fusing fine sterling silver into an abstract organic shape then soldering it on to sterling silver.   I always spend my Thanksgiving conveniently out of my kitchen.  In stead I spend it at various friends' homes.  My contribution last year was a special bottle of wine and a delicious wild rice salad. 





It was also a very warm fall much like this year and I took a mid November trip to Duluth and enjoyed a lovely hike.  Long walks and spending time in the fresh air often spark inspiration on my jewelry.  The following photographs are of works of jewelry created during the fall. 










No comments:

Post a Comment